Sunday 11 November 2012

Textures using facemasks and fullers earth


We used Fullers Earth in class, which is like grey powder you add water too and it turns into quite a thick paste, i tried it out on the arm and also on a dolls hair.




i applied a rectangle shape all over and then begin drawing  on to it.

I then coloured it using Supra Colour which i found worked well as it didnt soak into the cracks in the  fullers earth.

I then applied it to the hair and while it was still damp i coloured it using bright eyeshadows.






I think i will defiantly be using these techniques on my catwalk and editorial designs. I love the way it turned out on the hair and feel it would look really great for my catwalk look. I also like the idea of painting the skin and then creating shapes and movement on top of it.











No comments:

Post a Comment